SubscribeBlog Snip

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Well it's time for another begining to this crazy life of mine. Fifty-one years on this ride and I'm still looking for new ways to ammuse myself. I just can't stand being in a rut,and if you knew all there is to the story so far you'd say "DO YA THINK!!!!!?????"

This time the changes are being prompted by a nasty little thing called a heart attack. I had one (or two they may think) on May 19th. It happened in Vegas of all places. I was alone when it happened and that made it all the more interesting. I really thought I was gonna die...it was very strange....but not really scarey at all. Now the flight back was another story...we may get to that at a later date.

The new beginning I'm talking about is actually a change in attitude. I've pretty much drifted through life... took whatever was offered and went with it. No real plan...or none that lasted too long. I've just pretty much existed. Don't get this wrong...I'm not a bum or a transieant....I've always had a good job....three careers as a matter of fact, but I've never been totally satisified. The one period in my life where I thought I was totally fullfilled was between 1995 and 2002...but that ended when my wife of seven years died of cancer...my life fell apart.

I'm with someone new now and on the other side of the country with a whole new career....but I've still been drifting, searching againg for I don't know what.

Then the heart attack.

I've spent the last month since the event denying it ever happened or when I did admit to it I blew it off as a fluke. Something happened though...deep inside of me...I don't know what but it has compelled me to start a new journy....perhaps my last one...and to document it out here in cyber-space for all or none to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home