SubscribeBlog Snip

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

OK... now I'm trying to keep a positive attitude here. I'm (was) a big holiday person and so was Kathy. There was not a holiday too small that we didn't do something for. We not only had a christmas tree...we had Valentine's tree, an Easter tree, and a St. Patrick's day tree! I kid you not we really did! The entire house and yard were decorated...It was awesome. Oh yeah we even had a Packer tree there for awhile. All those things I came to see as a normal part of my life are now gone...gone with her...gone, just gone. I still did some of the stuff when I was still in Milwaukee, but it just wasn't much fun decorating all by myself. I was excited when I first moved here that I would once again have someone to share those things with. BIG DISSAPOINTMENT! The first time I talked about it my new "family" looked at me as if I were crazy. I later realized that I was lucky that they made an effort for Christmas! I'm not putting them down or anything...it's not thier fault...we all live our lives differently that's all. But I still miss it.

Sooooo...when holidays roll past not only do I miss Kathy and the rest of my family...I am sadly reminded that life as I knew it and expected it to always remain is gone.

I have to say that this Christmas was pretty good...just different and quick no three month build-up like we had when Kathy was here. No evenings of sippin drinks and planning. No marathon shopping trips... no advanced cooking prep or treats for the kids and grandkids...sigh I miss it all I really do.

OK enough feeling sorry for myself it's time to get some stuff done around here!

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzann said...

Happy Valentines Day to you Cliff

Tuesday, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home