SubscribeBlog Snip

Friday, August 18, 2006

Coming or Going?

Lately I don't know if I'm coming or going as far as work goes. I have a very young employee who normally works the evening shift...his mom is in the hospital...he's been coming into work then in the late afternoons he says he has to go leaving no coverage. I covered on my day off Monday and another employee covered last night. I spoke to the employee who's mom is sick when he came in yesterday and asked he would be able to work the full shift till nine and he said yes, but as soon as I got home at three he called and said he had to leave! We got coverage from a guy who was in my class so I didn't have to go back. Then this morning I was ready to go to work and he called and said he can't come in today 'cause he was tired from being at the hospital yesterday! Sooooo....I have to work the night shift! Yuck!

I can't really plan my days this way can I?

I'm crabby and burned out. Facilitating these classes has certainly put a strain on me...one more to go next week and I should be done til 07!!!

I'm going to finally take some vacation time in the middle of next month. Haven't taken ANY time off since November and that was just two days when we moved. I'm not planning anything special just don't want to go to work or answer the phone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home