SubscribeBlog Snip

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Adventure Continues


Today marks two years since I moved out here. I must say these two years actually crawled by. That’s not to say they weren’t good times, it’s just that the two years were filled with so many intense situations. Because I was new to the area and the culture (yes, there is a Huge cultural difference between the West and the Mid-West), the normal day to day problems and situations sometimes became much more difficult and intense. It has been like being born again…everything was somehow new again and that’s cool and kind of exciting, but it was also little scary at times.
During these past two years I’ve tried a lot of new things and saw a lot of beautiful things that I never dreamed I’d see. The mountains are beautiful and that’s putting it mildly. Snowboarding was a great thing to try…I was very proud of myself. Because of my job I got to travel the North West by car and plane and it was awesome. I fell in love with the city of Seattle and I made some new friends on the shores of the Pacific in Seaside, Oregon.
There is no doubt that the adventure I set out on two years ago has yielded some great experiences and memories. The out come so far is nothing like I imagined it would be, but I guess that’s what an adventure is all about.
I’m still living with the woman I came out here for. That too was nothing like I expected, but all in all it’s been good…different and not always great, but good. I think I love her, but after two years I’m not positive. She has been a little rough on me and at one point I was seeing a couple of other women (go figure!), but we always drift back together. I’m still convinced there is a purpose to my leaving my past life so abruptly and coming here, but I don’t think it has been revealed to me yet.
So let year three begin and we’ll see what happens. This evening I made a promise to myself to let the spirit of adventure that took me out here take hold of me again, and stop worrying so much and just go with the flow.
Let the adventure continue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home